These posts will often contain talk about future work we're doing, or planning to do, that isn't yet guaranteed to ship. The nature of the work could change or, depending on what we discover, projects mentioned may get delayed or even stopped. If you'd like to see a Tweet whenever a new one of these posts goes up: https://twitter.com/RiotMeddler
Current timeline below for the various stages of the preseason rollout. Dates might change a bit if unexpected issues crop up, but this is what we're aiming for.
- Around October 10th we'll start by talking through our goals for the preseason
- We'll then show some of the key things changing in preseason in the 10th Anniversary Edition of Riot Pls livestream (15th of October, 6pm PST)
- Straight after that we'll get a written rundown of all the big preseason changes on the Nexus.
- Preseason changes will start turning up on PBE around the 22nd of October. We'll have the changes on the PBE for a couple of patch cycles (~4 weeks) to give more time than usual to gather feedback, tune numbers, and fix bugs
- Preseason goes live on November 19th in patch 9.23
TFT PvE drop followup in next week's patch
We've got some polish to the revised TFT PvE drop system coming in patch 9.19. Overall, the changes have performed as hoped, though there are some issues we still want to address:
- 4 cost units will no longer come from PvE drops before Krugs (potentially too distortionary getting a 4 cost unit before any PvP rounds had even happened, even if in many cases it wasn’t a big deal)
- There'll be a bit less gold dropped (we overswung a little and put a bit too much in, still want a fair bit more than in the old system though)
- Neeko's Help will be a bit more common (rarer than intended, shouldn't be quite such a scarce resource)
- Spatulas will drop less (these by contrast are turning up a bit too much, making Spatula based plays more reliable than intended)
Around the time of the patch, we'll also share a few stats about how TFT's playrate looks for anyone interested in that side of things."